When immigration issues cause confusion and stress in your life, you may not know where to turn for legal help you can trust. Gonzalez Dollar Law, LLC, works hard for immigrants and their families every day. Turn to Mr. Gonzalez Dollar for the help you deserve.
Immigration law is complex and always changing. In Alabama, which was home to 162,567 foreign-born individuals as of 2018, these complex laws and related legal actions affect people’s lives every single day.
Gonzalez Dollar Law, LLC, is here to help. A trusted immigration attorney in Alabama, Mr. Gonzalez Dollar has the knowledge, experience, and dedication you need to put your immigration issue behind you for good.
Read on to learn more about our legal services for Alabama immigrants and their families. If you need help now, contact us.
How an Alabama Immigration Lawyer Can Help
Primarily serving Florence, Russellville, and the surrounding areas, our Alabama immigration law firm is prepared to help you with a wide variety of legal issues related to immigration.
No matter what immigration issue you have, Mr. Gonzalez Dollar will take time to understand your case and give you an honest assessment of your options. If you want to move forward, he will work tirelessly to build a bulletproof legal strategy and put it into action for you and your family.
Below, we discuss a few of the most common immigration issues we can help with:
Unfortunately, hundreds of immigrants in Alabama face deportation and removal actions in our state every year. You might have built a life here, but when removal proceedings begin, everything you have worked so hard for feels like it is going to disappear.
There’s good news: Through a solid defense and strategic legal action, you may be able to avoid deportation and continue your life in Alabama. Some common defenses to deportation include the following:
- Criminal waivers. If criminal conduct in your past is the reason why you are facing deportation proceedings, you may be able to apply for a criminal waiver that puts a stop to the proceedings. These waivers are only available in specific circumstances, so ask your attorney about your options.
- Adjustment of status. Sometimes, an application for permanent residence (green card) can be used as defense to removal proceedings.
- Seeking Temporary Protected Status (TPS). Individuals from certain countries may be given TPS if the conditions in their native country make their return to the country unsafe or impossible. Successfully seeking TPS can stop removal proceedings.
- Requesting prosecutorial discretion. Prosecutorial discretion is the concept that allows agencies like Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to decide when and how to enforce immigration laws. In other words, they don’t have to deport you or your loved one. Your attorney may be able to help you convince the government attorney to administratively close your case.
- Violence Against Women Act (VAWA). In some cases, VAWA allows the victims of domestic violence and related crimes to obtain certain visas including U visas and T visas that allow them to remain in the U.S., even under threat of deportation proceedings.
- Motions to suppress or terminate. Often, immigration authorities make mistakes or knowingly violate regulations when detaining or charging immigrants. In such cases, an immigration attorney may be able to convince the court to suppress evidence against you or terminate the deportation proceedings altogether.
These are only a few of the examples of ways an experienced immigration attorney can help you avoid removal from the U.S.
USCIS Form I-765, the form you fill out to apply for authorization to work in the U.S., is complicated, and even small mistakes can ruin your chance of approval. Being unable to secure a work permit gives you no legal way to earn a living while you are in the U.S. That’s why so many foreign-born people in Alabama seek the help of an immigration lawyer.
Your immigration attorney at Gonzalez Dollar Law, LLC, can help you with every aspect of the work permit process so you don’t have to worry or wonder. We will keep you informed and be honest with you at every step.
For many people who have come to Alabama from other countries, permanent resident status is the ultimate goal — the one that allows you to truly make a life here. Green cards allow you to live and work in the U.S., as well as travel in and out of the country. They also pave the way to U.S. citizenship and can enable you to bring your unmarried children and spouse to Alabama with their own green cards.
If this is what you’re looking for, you may face a long road of legal obstacles, but a qualified lawyer can make that road a lot shorter and a lot less stressful. Speak with our firm as soon as possible to get the process started.
If you were born outside of the United States, you will have to go through a process called naturalization to become a U.S. citizen. The requirements for naturalization are strict, and the paperwork and legal processes involved are confusing.
We’re here to help. Mr. Gonzalez Dollar can help you understand whether you are eligible to become a naturalized citizen, walk you through the process, and keep you informed at every step.
Why Work with Gonzalez Dollar Law, LLC?
Every immigration attorney in Alabama can say they went to law school. They all claim that they provide excellent legal representation for immigrants and their families. But few can claim that they truly understand what you are going through.
Mr. Gonzalez Dollar can. As an immigrant himself, he knows how important communication and effective legal representation are at times like this. He knows that you need to be informed, and you need a strong legal ally on your side, reducing your stress and protecting your future. And he aims to give that to every client.
Contact an AL Immigration Attorney
If you are dealing with any immigration issue — from seeking a work permit to building a defense for immigration court — there is no reason to wait. It’s time to get reliable and trustworthy legal help from an Alabama immigration lawyer.
Gonzalez Dollar Law, LLC, is ready to step up and help. All you have to do is reach out to us. Give us a call at 256-272-9565 or contact us online today.